If you wish to arrange a group visit, please take the following steps to make a request.
For the purpose of such a request, visitors are considered to be a "group" in either of the following cases:
- A requested visit is arranged for a company or school.
- A requested visit involves 10 or more visitors.
Procedures to be followed when you wish to make a request for a group visit:
Step 1: Make an interim booking by phone
Please phone us first to make an interim booking.
* As a general rule, visit requests will be processed in the order of requests received.
* Please understand in advance that we may not be able to accommodate your request due to facility use conflict or the number of visitors or for reasons of pandemic restrictions, etc.
Step 2: Submit a "group visit request form"
After making an interim booking, please submit a "group visit request form" by e-mail no later than two weeks before the day of your scheduled visit.
Points to note
- If you wish to request that we make advance arrangements, such as setting aside a space for lunch in the event of bad weather, providing a wheelchair, or making a first-aid room available, please inform us when phoning to make an interim booking and make sure to state it in the Comments section of the request form as well.
- If you wish to cancel your scheduled visit, or if you arrive later than the scheduled time, please let us know by phone.
- If you wish to make a visit request with the Minamata Disease Municipal Museum or the Center of Environmental Education and Information, please contact the relevant establishment.
- If you wish to receive a boxed lunch delivery, etc. in front of the entrance of the Archives, please talk to us in advance. Please note that no boxed lunch delivery, etc. could be kept with us. Please make sure to have someone take care of receiving and collecting lunches for your group. Thank you for your cooperation.
Contact for inquiries and requests:
Minamata Disease Archives, National Institute for Minamata Disease
55-10 Myojin-cho, Minamata City, Kumamoto, 867-0055