|Akio Sumioka Ph.D.
|Senior Researcher, Hygienic Chemistry Section, Basic Medical Sciences
|Subjects of study and affair
Research on the mechanism of the late stage of methylmercury neurotoxicity (Representative)
Gene recombination experiment safety committee
Crating public relations magazine Committee
- J. Yoshitake, Y. Soeda, T. Ida, A. Sumioka, M. Yoshikawa, K. Matsushita, T. Akaike, and A. Takashima*. Modification of Tau by 8-Nitroguanosine 3',5'-Cyclic Monophosphate (8-Nitro-cGMP): Effects of nitric oxide-linked chemical modification on Tau aggregation. J Biol Chem, 291 (2016), 22714-22720.
- Y. Soeda, M. Yoshikawa, O. F. Almeida, A. Sumioka, S. Maeda, H. Osada, Y. Kondoh, A. Saito, T. Miyasaka, T. Kimura, M. Suzuki, H. Koyama, Y. Yoshiike, H. Sugimoto, Y. Ihara, and A. Takashima*. Toxic tau oligomer formation blocked by capping of cysteine residues with 1,2-dihydroxybenzene groups. Nat Commun. 6 (2015), 10216.
- A. Sumioka, T. E. Brown, A. S. Kato, D. S. Bredt, J. A. Kauer, and S. Tomita*, PDZ binding of TARPgamma-8 controls synaptic transmission but not synaptic plasticity, Nat Neurosci, 14 (2011), 1410-1412. F1000 (13360064)
- Y. Saito, M. Akiyama, Y. Araki, A. Sumioka, M. Shiono, H. Taru, T. Nakaya, T. Yamamoto, and T. Suzuki*, Intracellular trafficking of the amyloid beta-protein precursor (APP) regulated by novel function of X11-like, PLoS One, 6 (2011), e22108.
- A. Sumioka, D. Yan, and S. Tomita*, TARP phosphorylation regulates synaptic AMPA receptors through lipid bilayers, Neuron, 66 (2010), 755-767. F1000 (20547132)
- W. Zhang, F. St-Gelais, C. P. Grabner, J. C. Trinidad, A. Sumioka, M. Morimoto-Tomita, K. S. Kim, C. Straub, A. L. Burlingame, J. R. Howe, and S. Tomita*, A transmembrane accessory subunit that modulates kainate-type glutamate receptors, Neuron, 61 (2009), 385-396.
- A. Sumioka, Y. Saito, M. Sakuma, Y. Araki, T. Yamamoto, and T. Suzuki*, The X11L/X11beta/MINT2 and X11L2/X11gamma/MINT3 scaffold proteins shuttle between the nucleus and cytoplasm, Exp Cell Res, 314 (2008), 1155-1162.
- A. Sumioka, S. Nagaishi, T. Yoshida, A. Lin, M. Miura, and T. Suzuki*, Role of 14-3-3gamma in FE65-dependent gene transactivation mediated by the amyloid beta-protein precursor cytoplasmic fragment, J Biol Chem, 280 (2005), 42364-42374.
- M. Asaumi, K. Iijima, A. Sumioka, K. Iijima-Ando, Y. Kirino, T. Nakaya, and T.Suzuki*, Interaction of N-terminal acetyltransferase with the cytoplasmic domain of beta-amyloid precursor protein and its effect on A beta secretion, J Biochem, 137 (2005), 147-155.
- A. Sumioka, M. Miura, and T. Suzuki*, 14-3-3 modulates gene transactivation of AICD through its interaction between C-terminal region of APP, Neurobiology of Aging, 25 (2004), S176-S176.
- Y. Araki, S. Tomita, H. Yamaguchi, N. Miyagi, A. Sumioka, Y. Kirino, and T. Suzuki*,Novelcadherin-related membrane proteins, Alcadeins, enhance the X11-like protein-mediated stabilization of amyloid beta-protein precursor metabolism, J Biol Chem, 278 (2003), 49448-49458.
- A. Sumioka, S. Imoto, R. N. Martins, Y. Kirino, and T. Suzuki*, XB51 isoformsmediate Alzheimer's beta-amyloid peptide production by X11L (X11-like protein)-dependent and -independent mechanisms, Biochem J, 374 (2003), 261-268.
- M. Hase, Y. Yagi, H. Taru, S. Tomita, A. Sumioka, K. Hori, K. Miyamoto, T. Sasamura, M. Nakamura, K. Matsuno, and T. Suzuki*, Expression and characterization of the Drosophila X11-like/Mint protein during neural development, J Neurochem, 81 (2002), 1223-1232.
- A. Sumioka, H. Taru, S. Tomita, and T. Suzuki*, Characterization of X11-like binding protein, XB51, Neurobiology of Aging, 23 (2002), S195-S195. 査読無
- M. Hase, Y. Yagi, H. Taru, S. Tomita, A. Sumioka, K. Hori, K. Miyamoto, T. Sasamura, M. Nakamura, K. Matsuno, and T. Suzuki*, Expression and characterization of the Drosophila X11-like/Mint protein during neural development. J Neurochem 81 (2002) 1223-1232.
Review (English text)
- A. Sumioka* Auxiliary Subunits Provide New Insights into Regulation of AMPAReceptor Traffiking. J. Biochem. 153 (2013), 331-337.
|Receptor Traffiking. J. Biochem. 153 (2013), 331-337.
|Researches by the external funds
Competitive research fund (representative)
JSPS research fellowship for young scientist (DC2) 2004-2006
JSPS overseas research fellowship 2009-2011
JSPS grants-in-aid for research activity startup 2012-2014
The Naito foundation research grant 2012-2014
JSPS grants-in-aid for young scientists (B) 2012-2014
The Tokyo biochemical research foundation research grant 2013-2015
Ono medical research foundation research grant 2015-2016
Collaborative research with company (representative)
Ono pharmaceutical corporation 2015-2017
Funakoshi corporation 2017
|The main history, academic background, degree, and citation etc.
2006 The university of Tokyo, graduate school of pharmaceutical sciences, Ph.D.
2006 Hokkaido university, faculty of pharmaceutical sciences, research assistant
2006-2012 Yale university, school of medicine, post-doctoral fellow
2012-2016 National center of geriatric and gerontology, section chief.
2016-2018 Gakushuin university, faculty of science, research associate
2018-present National institute for Minamata disease